The term refers to the tempering process of using special heat treatment increases the strength of glass and its hardness. The glass is heated to a certain temperature (depending on the composition). temperature hardening, which is close to the softening point, and then quickly cooled by a jet of cold air. As high temperature tempering can be roughly taken the temperature of 700 ° c. While in cooling mode at the initial processing, glass, due to the internal voltage (before odgrevanja), brittle and fragile, by smearing the formation of internal voltage controlled and they are ravnmerno arranged by weight. Tempered stakloje in the outer layers of strung on the pressure, and in the internal backlash, so this power balance contributes to increasing its resistance. Tempered glass can withstand considerable stresses on the bending, is resistant to impact and thermal shock. In case of breakage, it shoots into small pieces blunt edges.
Their application is wide, and is used for glass doors and railings, canopies, shower-cabins, glass facade, kitchen decorative coverings etc. Tempered glass can be stained glass, enamelled in RAL-these colors or processed screen press, peskiranjem, direct print, and so on.
In the trials and internal production control are controlled by the two most important characteristics of hardened glass according to standard EN 12150. Basic characteristics:
- Increased impact resistance.
- Mechanical strength (compressive strength bending) Measured value > 120 N/m m2 (When deburring non-hardened glass 45N/m m2)
- Tempered glass has increased resistance to the current temperature. > 150 ° f (50 ° C when deburring non-hardened).
- Fracture structure: in the event of breakage, frees up all the energy accumulated during tempering. Is a fine network of tiny pieces, blunt angles, bringing the risk of injury is extremely small.
PROCESSINGSchedule for cpecifičnosti tension tempered glass cannot be further processed after the hardening process, cut, sanded, punch holes, etc. Any such attempt would cause the breakage of the glass into a thousand pieces. That's why all projected or required processing has to be done before the heat treatment of glass. That's why glass tempering must be processed before the edge. The lowest St is just removing the sharpness of the edge of the glass. While under the fine grinding (KP processing) refers to the mechanical grinding of glass in all its intersection. There are also strict rules tables the minimum distance from the edge of the glass for all holes and vents.
It is used for:
- installation in home electrical appliances (oven)
- installation in shower-cabins
- lighting (spotlights)
- renewable energy (solar cells, panels …)
- mangale, fireplaces and grills
- stoves on solid fuels
- furniture industry
- architecture (doors, Windows, fences, glass walls)